EBS MoneyManager Account & Debit Card
Available with the EBS MoneyManager Account, the EBS Debit Card is our best card ever, giving you more ways to manage your money every day.
With your card you can:
- Pay for goods and get euro cash-back in shops
- Use it anywhere you see the Mastercard® symbol – that's all cashpoints and ATM's in Ireland and everywhere worldwide*
- Buy online with confidence – our cards have a three digit CVV2 code on the back that acts as an extra security feature when shopping online
- Track your account online – register for our online banking facility and manage your account anywhere, anytime
- The EBS Debit Card is available to personal customers only.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and give us evidence with your application that you are legally resident in the European Economic Area (the "EEA") to open an account.
- A maximum of two account holders per MoneyManager account is allowed.
- *For international use, you must supply us with your mobile phone number, which allows us to notify you for fraud prevention purposes.
- ATM means Automated Teller Machine.
Switching your bank account to EBS
If you like the look of our MoneyManger account but already have a bank account in place, we can help you switch your account to EBS. The process is smooth and hassle free in line with the Central Bank of Ireland's Switching Code and we'll make sure that any direct debits or standing orders you may have coming out of your current bank account are seamlessly switched to your new EBS MoneyManager account.
Just click on the link to our Personal Account Switching Pack to find out all you need to know about the process of switching to EBS. Your pack contains all the forms and advice you'll need to make the move. If you have any questions about the pack or the steps involved, please contact us for more information.
You may also be interested in switching your MoneyManager account out of EBS to another bank account. To do this you must obtain a Switching Pack from the bank that you wish to transfer your account into and follow the steps that are outlined. This process is in line with the Central Bank of Ireland's Switching Code. Please contact us if you need more information.
Government Stamp Duty will be charged at a rate of €0.12 per ATM transaction. Government Stamp Duty only applies to ATM transactions carried out within Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland). This charge is capped at €2.50 if you only use your debit card for ATM transactions and capped at €5 if you use your debit card for both purchases and ATM transactions. Government Stamp Duty charge on debit cards is applied in January, for the previous year. Government Stamp Duty of €0.50 is payable in respect of a cheque withdrawal. Information correct as of 04/10/2016.