Home Mortgage Interest Rate Changes
Summary of Variable Interest Rate Changes
• EBS will reduce Variable Rates for home loan customers by 0.25%, this reduction will be reflected in your October 2015 repayment
• Fixed Rates and Buy to Let Rates remain unchanged
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the impact on my monthly repayment?
Your mortgage repayment will decrease by 0.25% and this reduction will be reflected in your October 2015 repayment.
2. What other rate options are available to me?
We have a competitive suite of fixed rates for new & existing customers. Please refer to the rate sheets on the website.
3. When will the new repayment be effective for existing variable rate customers?
The Variable rate reduction will be effective from 1st October 2015, with the new repayment being called on the 7th October 2015(if you pay by Direct Debit).
4. What do I need to do to change my repayments?
If you have a direct debit, it will automatically call the amount of the new repayment and you do not need to do anything. if you have a standing order, you need to contact your bank to change the repayment amount to the new repayment.
5. How does this affect cases which are approved, but not yet drawn down?
The rate prevailing at the date you draw down your loan will be the effective rate for your loan.
6. I can't afford my mortgage repayments, what can I do?
If for any reason you are availing of an arrangement e.g. in Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP) and have made a fixed arrangement, this rate change will not impact this fixed arrangement. Please refer to your fixed repayment arrangement schedule for the amount to be paid.