The EBS 2% Back in Cash mortgage offer
EBS is offering home buyers 2% Back in Cash. That’s a nice 2% of the value of your mortgage if you are a first time buyer, mover, or switching your mortgage to EBS. Yep. That's €5,000 on a €250,000 mortgage, Back in Cash. You're welcome.
We don’t like any messing or fussing either. That’s why you get your EBS 2% Back in Cash mortgage offer straight into the current account used to pay your mortgage, using a SEPA direct debit, within 2 months of drawdown.
Sounds great. Show me some examples!
The amount you’ll get back depends on the size of your mortgage – so the bigger the mortgage, the bigger the lump sum. Simples. Here are some examples.
What is an EBS mortgage Back in Cash offer?
The EBS 2% mortgage Back in Cash offer is a lump sum given to home buyers, based on the value of their mortgage. They receive this within two months after their mortgage has been drawn down - which is pretty handy.
But am I eligible? Only if...
- You are a mortgage customer who is a first time buyer, a mover, or is switching a
mortgage loan to us;
- The purpose of your mortgage loan is to purchase your principal private residence
in Ireland or to switch the mortgage loan relating to your principal private residence
in Ireland to us
- You have a mortgage loan that draws down between 23rd of June 2016 and 31st of
- We receive a fully completed copy of the EBS 2% Back in Cash application form
from you and this has been accepted by us; and
- You have a valid SEPA Direct Debit set up on the current account used for the
- If you have a tracker mortgage with another mortgage provider, switching your mortgage to EBS means you will lose your existing tracker rate. We recommend you seek independent financial advice before deciding to switch your mortgage.
You will not be eligible if...
- You are an existing EBS mortgage customer who is availing of a top-up loan or a
transfer of title mortgage loan; and/or
- You have already availed of the EBS 2% Back in Cash offer for a mortgage loan
relating to the same property.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the EBS 2% Back in Cash offer:
- The amount we will pay to you is 2% of the amount of the mortgage loan that is drawn down.
- It will be paid into the current account used for the mortgage repayment within 2 months of your mortgage loan being drawn down and you must have a valid SEPA Direct Debit set up on this account.
- We may choose to extend the duration of the offer beyond the period 23rd of June 2016 to
31st of March 2017.
- Self build mortgages will receive 2% of the amount drawn down at each stage of drawdown. We will only pay you in relation to drawdowns that happen within 18 months of the first drawdown. The first drawdown must occur during the term of this offer.