EBS Income Insurance
Give yourself a little peace of mind with EBS Income Insurance instead of constantly asking ‘what if?’ This type of insurance will come to the rescue if you can no longer work due to injury or illness. Phew.
It will replace some of your earned income (after all state benefits are taken into account), and will help you maintain the lifestyle you’re used to until you can return to work. Read on to find out all you need to know about EBS income protection, or get a free call back here.
Protection products are provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
How Does EBS Income Insurance Work?
When you’re unable to work due to accident or injury, EBS Income Insurance will come to the rescue by providing you with a replacement income (called incapacity benefit). This payment will come into play after an amount of time called ‘the deferred period.’
- So how do you know if you’re eligible? If you are: 18 to 54 years of age and in full-time employment, or if you’re self-employed. You can protect some of your income until you’re 65.
- Only available if you are living in the Republic of Ireland
- You call the shots when it comes to how much cover you need based on your current earnings, how long you need the benefit to be paid for, and how long you want the cover for. The maximum amount available is €250,000 or 75% of your total yearly earnings and benefits paid are less any State benefits or other income protection plans
- You can also decide the length of your deferred period (either 13, 26 or 52 weeks). In the event of a claim, once this deferred period has elapsed you receive the incapacity benefit to replace some of your income while you are off work.
- If you stop making your regular premium payments, you will no longer be protected and we will not return the premiums that you have already paid.
- We provide cover until your plan ends, no matter how many claims you make.
- It’s important to keep us in the know – so tell us when an illness or an injury stops you working.
- We pay you a monthly income from the end of your chosen deferred period for as long as you are eligible. That means you can keep the lifestyle you’re so used to.
- If you are in hospital for more than seven days in a row during the deferred period, you might just be eligible for hospitalisation benefit (check with your local advisor for more info on this).
- Tax must be paid on any benefit received from the product.
- An important thing to note, that Income Protection does not cover you if you become unemployed.
What are the benefits of EBS Income Insurance?
- If you’re unable to work because of an accident or injury, this policy makes sure you’re provided with a regular monthly income after your chosen period of time (known as the deferred period).
- Do you think you could you maintain your current lifestyle if you couldn’t work due to illness or injury? Unfortunately for many of us, the answer is no. This income will help to protect your lifestyle and tide you over in the event of long term injury or illness (so you won’t miss all the latest episodes on your streaming subscription).
- The cost of your chosen cover amount is guaranteed for the whole term of your plan.
- Sometimes a little tax relief goes a long way – and you may be entitled to tax relief on your income insurance contributions.
- For more information please read the EBS Income Insurance terms and conditions booklet and schedule of fees and charges for life and pension products booklet.
Income Insurance is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
Acceptance terms and conditions apply. EBS d.a.c. is tied to Irish Life Assurance plc.
Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
EBS d.a.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.