Mortgage Protection Cover
‘Mortgage life insurance’ or ‘Mortgage protection cover?’ You say tomato; we say, well, um… tomato. Anyway, EBS Mortgage Protection Cover (commonly known as mortgage protection), is a popular form of life insurance. This type of plan will pay off your mortgage if you die during the terms set out.
Mortgage protection cover is a must-have for any mortgage holder because mortgage lenders will require you have this in place before they grant you a mortgage. Read on for the benefits and features of EBS Mortgage Protection Cover or contact us to get a free quote here.
This product is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
The Benefits of EBS Mortgage Protection Cover
- This plan pays out a cash lump sum to cover your mortgage if you die during the term of your plan.
- Need extra protection for your mortgage? No problem. You can also choose to add on Specified Illness Cover, which will provide a cash lump sum to help you repay your mortgage if you are diagnosed with one of the specified illnesses covered during the term.
- Your monthly premium will stay the same for the whole period you’re insured for.
Important points about EBS Mortgage Protection Cover
Pen and paper at the ready? Some important things to note about EBS Mortgage Protection Cover:
- You’ll need to be aged between 18 and 74.
- We will insure you for a 5 to 40-year term, or up to age 80 (whichever is earlier).
- The term for Specified Illness Cover is 5 to 40 years or up to age 75 (whichever is earlier).
- If you stop making your regular payments, you will no longer be protected, and we can’t refund any money.
- You can’t cash in your plan – that’s what our great savings plans are for, after all.
- The amount you pay is guaranteed to stay the same for the entire period that you are insured for.
- The minimum monthly premium is €13 (this is exclusive of 1% government levy).
- Only available if you are living in the Republic of Ireland.
- For full information describing the benefits and restrictions and exclusions, please read the EBS Mortgage Protection Cover booklet and terms and conditions booklet.
Mortgage Protection Cover is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
Acceptance terms and conditions apply. EBS d.a.c. is tied to Irish Life Assurance plc.
Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
EBS d.a.c. is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
For details on remunerations, please visit our remunerations page.