Specified Illness Cover
No one likes being sick. We never know when it will creep up on us (usually at the worst possible time). So to protect ourselves from catching a flu, we wrap up warm in blustery weather. We get flu shots and we take our vitamins (when we remember).
If we protect ourselves from a cold or flu, it’s an even better idea to prepare for more serious illnesses. That’s where our Specified Illness Cover comes in, as this type of cover pays you a lump sum if you are diagnosed with one of the 44 common conditions covered by your policy – such as malignant cancer, heart attack (diagnosed) or stroke with permanent symptoms. It will also help out should you be faced with medical bills, periods out of work or even having to adapt your home to make day to day life easier. Request a call back from your local financial advisor or read on to find out more.
The Benefits of EBS Specified Illness Cover
- Our Specified Illness Cover includes 44 common conditions covered for full payment. For more information, please refer to the Term Life Insurance or Mortgage Life Insurance brochure.
- Additional partial payments are offered for a further 21 conditions. The partial payment is €15,000 or half your Specified Illness Cover amount, whichever is lower. For more information, read our handy Term Life Insurance or Mortgage Life Insurance guides.
- You can protect yourself with a single cover policy or you and your partner with joint/dual cover.
- Your children, between the ages of 30 days and 21 years, are automatically covered for €25,000 or half your specified illness benefit amount, whichever is lower.
- If you need certain surgeries, as outlined in the product booklet, your specified illness cover will be paid up to €30,000 immediately so you can choose where you will have your surgery yourself.
- If you need a major organ transplant, as outlined in the product booklet, your full illness cover amount will be paid upfront.
9 Things You Should Know About Specified Illness Cover
Notepad at the ready? Here’s some important points to know about our Specified Illness Cover.
- You must be aged between 18 and 59 to apply.
- The maximum term is 40 years. The cover will end on the plan anniversary before your 75th birthday.
- Irish Life Assurance Plc will not pay the specified illness cover if you die, only if you are diagnosed during the term with one of the covered conditions.
- You can only receive one full payment under the plan. More than one partial payment may be made.
- Once you claim your full payment for specified illness cover, that cover ends and we cannot make any further payment.
- Irish Life Assurance Plc will not pay claims in certain circumstances, for example, if you have not given us full information about your health, occupation, pastimes or hobbies.
- You can’t cash in your plan – that’s what our great savings plans are for, after all.
- If you stop making payments, you will no longer be protected and we will not return any money to you.
- A claim will only be paid if you survive 14 days after diagnosis or have surgery.
For full information describing the benefits and restrictions and exclusions of our Specified Illness cover, please read the EBS Term Life Insurance booklet.
WARNING: YOU MUST KEEP UP WITH YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO STAY ON COVER.
Specified Illness Cover is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
Acceptance terms and conditions apply. EBS d.a.c. is a tied insurance agent of Irish Life Assurance plc for life insurance products.
Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.