How do I get set up for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)?
Under European legislation Financial Institutions must introduce a new layer of customer authentication for online banking. Click here to find out all you need to know about SCA including how to get set up.
Can I change my Customer ID and /or my PAC?
We want to keep your account safe as can be, so for security reasons, you can’t change your Customer ID or PAC to one of your choice (it’s for the best, honest).
I’ve forgotten my Personal Access Code (PAC) and/or Customer ID). What do I do?
Don’t worry, no need for panic stations. Just contact the EBS Internet Support team at (+353 1) 665 8075, who will sort you out.
You can also mail the team at email@example.com, or if you’re in the neighbourhood, pop into one of our local offices to request a new one.
How do I activate my PAC?
When you have received your PAC please phone our Internet Support Team on (+353 1) 6658075 between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday and they will activate your PAC for you.
I have set my smart device up for SCA but don’t have it with me, can I still login to Your Accounts Online?
Unfortunately not, as you don’t have your device you cannot complete authentication. This is to keep your account secure.
I had set up my phone for SCA and now I've lost my phone - how do I see my accounts and use online banking?
The first thing you need to do is call EBS Direct and let them know you have lost your phone. Phone lines are open between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. One of our agents will be able to unpair your device from your online banking profile and request a new one-time code for you to pair a replacement device.
As we support our customers to transition to the new SCA service you can still access Your Accounts Online as usual without having a paired device.
I am having problems logging into Online Banking. What can I do?
Following recent changes to Your Accounts Online, some customers may be experiencing difficulties logging in. To help resolve this s we suggest you clear the full cache on your internet browser. This can be done within the settings of your internet browser or mobile device and we have included some step by step guides below, for some common browsers.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More.
3. Click More tools Clear browsing data.
4. At the top, choose ‘All Time’ as the time range.
5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
6. Click Clear data.
1. Click on the Safari drop-down menu and select Preferences.
2. Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
3. Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
4. Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
Chrome app (the default Android web browser)
1. Tap the three-dot dropdown menu on the top right-hand corner of the browser
2. Tap "History" on the dropdown menu.
3. Tap on “Clear Browsing Data…”
4. Tap on the “Advanced” tab
5. Choose “All Time”
6. Check "Cached images and files" and “Cookies and Site Data”
7. Tap "Clear Data" at the bottom of the page.
Safari for iPhone & iPad
1. Open Settings.
2. Swipe down and tap Safari.
3. Swipe down again and tap Clear History and Website Data, tap it once again to confirm.