With the welfare of our customers and our staff a primary concern, we have implemented the following procedures into our offices around the country.
- To maintain social distancing we are limiting the number of customers who can come in to our offices at any one time. This may result in some customers having to wait outside for a while. As a reminder, many of our banking services are available online or through our direct service team.
- We have introduced priority banking hours for our elderly and vulnerable customers from 10:00am to 11:00am each day, Monday to Friday. We ask our other customers to plan their visits outside of these times.
- Should you feel unwell, with your health and the health of our staff and customers in mind, we ask that you refrain from visiting the office and instead get in touch with us via ebs.ie or over the phone.
- EBS is implementing amended opening hours across its Network. Offices will open to the public each weekday from 10am – 4pm. This is in order to limit exposure for customers and for staff to the COVID-19 virus by providing sufficient time to have locations more thoroughly cleaned. Our regular opening hours will resume once the situation has returned to normal.
- In line with HSE and Government guidelines on social distancing and for the safety of our staff, we have temporarily reduced the number of customer service advisors in our Contact Centre. This will result in a change to our hours of operation to 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We appreciate your patience and support during this time.
Due to the volume of calls we are currently undertaking, customers may experience a delay in reaching one of our mortgage advisors over the phone as well as in the office.
The Killiney Office has re-opened and will be open from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
We thank you in advance for supporting these initiatives to protect one another.